Commercial domestic flights are expected to resume soon as the government has eased the restriction on lockdown of inter-county travel. The government had ceased all movement in or out of five coun...
How to install a PVC ceiling
Before the installation:
• Check that the same shade and batch is used in one area
• Check it for any possible irregularities or damages
• Remember that PVC ceilings and cornices can’t be exposed to direct sunshine, as the product has no UV stabilisers.
- Remember that the maximum brandering space is 500mm.
- Line the brandering up, level or horizontal.
- PVC ceiling panels can be screwed onto wood or steel brandering.
- When screwing your PVC ceiling panel onto the brandering, ensure you use the correct type of screw (TS16 or SSDS16 PVCSA-approved screw). The panels need to lay in the same direction as the main trusses.
- Ensure proper spacing between the walls when installing the ceilings. This is to help with expansion and contraction during cold and warm conditions.
- Check that the screw head is fastened properly. It must also sit flush with the ceiling panel’s groove.
- Clip the second panel with the tongue into the first panel’s groove.
- With the palm of your hand, knock each panel gently on the side to secure close fitment. Do this with every panel before carrying on with the next.
- To fit the last panel, cut it lengthwise using a carpet knife.
- Using the PVC cornice, finalise the installation.
- After the fitment is complete, dust the PVC ceiling with a cloth to remove all dust and debris.